Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Games that should be remade - part 3


Before I get into this next post I wanted to share with everyone that the Personal Computer Museum (located in Brantford, Ontario, Canada) website has been updated to celebrate the first anniversary. For more information, visit the site here. Now... the next game on my hitlist. Cinemaware, known for great hits like Defender of the Crown brought us another cool game, Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon. This was a cool game, at least on the Amiga. I never had the chance to play the other versions but I imagine they lost something in the translation. I remember the one-eyed cyclops and the woman that mesmerized you and huge map that you could control with your big magnifying glass. The sound design was great for the time and the whole experience quite immersive. I can just imagine the varied gameplay making a smooth transition to a 3D environment if this was remade. Heck, I'd like to go back and just play the original. Good thing I have several Amigas all set up ready to go!

No comments: