Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Yes, it certainly was. I am not sure what made me want to try out this adventure game for the Xbox and PC but I'm glad I did. I've been wanting to play Indigo Prophecy (which I understand is an even better game) but I didn't have the chance. Next thing I know, Dreamfall is gracing my Xbox like icing on a cake. The cinematics, character development and storyline all draw you in. Wow. After spending something like 10 or 12 hours with this game I still have questions but the point is I want to know the answers!. I've already ordered the previously title, The Longest Journey and it should be in soon.

Yeah, ok I concede that the "action" parts of the game leave something to be desired (especially the fighting) but the exploration and puzzles make up for that.

I'd have to give this game a 7.5 ... it loses points for a couple of things. I read an FAQ where the guy said the game was WAY TOO SHORT. Well ... I would not say that. I appreciate the work that went into the sound, graphics and story and it's a LOT of content to fit on a DVD. So the gameplay knocks it down a bit and the loading was a bit annoying, even from the hard drive...I understand the Xbox only has 64MB of RAM but streaming might have been better. The puzzles, although mostly easy were sometimes annoying with the Xbox controller versus a PC keyboard/mouse and that should have been taken into consideration on the port.

Other than that, well done! Think of it like a nice 12 hour movie!

No comments: