Thursday, May 11, 2006

E3 - Day 2


So I wandered back to E3 today, this time by myself. Kristen had to work so he said "adios Amiga" and I went back the same way we went yesterday.

I walked into the Sony booth and started downloading Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters demo on the PSP. I look over, and it's David Perry (former President and Founder of Shiny Entertainment). Dave is responsible for the Matrix games and Earthworm Jim among other titles. We taked for at least 15 minutes, what a great guy! I'll post a picture with him shortly.

I also got to see Diane Mizota of G4 and even ran into Kevin Rose and Alex A. formerly of G4. I couldn't believe how many of these guys were just walking around doing their thing.


The first conference session I went into had Richard Garriott (aka Lord British) the creator of Ultima. I was actually brave enough to go up and ask a question to the panel. The second conference had David Jaffe, creator of God of War. True to his style, he let 2 f-shots go before the end. Yeah, I knew he wouldn't let me down.

On my way out I decided to stop by the G4 booth. Adam and Morgan were there, and so were Olivia and Kevin. Saw them up close and actually got ON "Attack of the Show" in a crowd shot. I yelled out "Hi Mom" but I'm pretty sure it was drowned out by the dozens of other bumbling idiots.

On my way back I found out that my friend Ed Jenks lives just 1 mile from where I parked the car at the subway, so I went to Universal with him and had a drink. Wow, it's such a small world. Ed made a donation to the Personal Computer Musuem (http://www.pcmuseum.ca) and even had some old Nintendo games for me. Thanks Ed!

Anyways, off to dinner. Tomorrow I get to tour Treyarch!

3 comments:

... notes from The EDJE said...

What a great day! The pleasure was mine.

I hope your day at Treyarch went just as smoothly.

Travel safe and we will catch you when you get back.

Regards,
Ed Jenks

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a sweet time. Little do they all know that there is more equipment in the computer museum and in your basement, than at E3 itself! Have a safe trip home... look forward to seeing you and hearing the stories.

Unknown said...

wow, e3... i'm jellous!