Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii



It's over. I hate to admit, I hate to think about it. 92 hours later and it's over. Why did it take 92 hours for me to complete The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess? Well, that's what happens when you get every heart piece (sans 3 that I just couldn't be bothered with) and open pretty much every treasure chest and spend a couple of hours just fishing.


There are few games out there that offer what Zelda does. Maybe it's the environment, the music, the awesome controls on the Wii ... or maybe it's all of those things. It's the familiarity of the universe combined with new things like snowboarding and boating and incredibly improved fishing (by far the coolest min-game I've ever played). Most of all, it's Zelda.


I don't want to ruin the story for anyone that is playing through it or will play through it ... but there are some great twists and turns especially near the end.


The bad: some people have critcized Zelda's presentation (ie: no voiceovers) for being outdated and due to the "cartridge" sized mentality...clearer that's no longer an issue although I'd be curious to know how much of the disc space they used without voice...I imagine it's quite a bit. Maybe the gameplay is a little bit rehashed from what we've already done, but that's not necessarily a bad thing--especially when they added in some new stuff. The worst part of the bad? Waiting. Please don't make us wait another 1336 between Zelda games.


The good: pretty much everything else. It's hard to find fault in this game ... it might start a little slow but once the ride begins you don't ever want it to end. Despite the minor notations, I can't give this game anything other than a 10 out of 10!

No comments: