Thursday, January 18, 2007

God of War II - Release Date Confirmed



So now it's official ... on March 13, 2007 Sony will release God of War II. I have to admit: I'm both excited and cautious about this coming out. The first game was amazing, but I find myself fearing Star Wars Syndrome (ok I just made that up). Will the new one create the amazement and wonderment the first one did? Unlikely, but I'm sure I'll be happy with just "more of the same". The experience was so immersive the first time around, especially the sound which is often overlooked. I'm also a little worried since this is most likely the last PS2 title ever created with a big budget and AAA specs all the way around, something I'm a little sad over. The PS3 and 360 have yet to deliver any great platforming / adventure games (save Tomb Raider Legend on the 360, but that was more of an up-port than a true next-gen game). Is this going to be like playing Zelda, where I kept playing longer than I needed to just because I didn't want the experience to end? I hope so and I hope not. Here's to you Kratos: it's going to be bittersweet.

No comments: